Saturday, October 23, 2010

The little details...

A good friend and I were talking this week and the topic of God's sovereignty came up.  It's an amazing HUGE concept to me, and one that is comforting beyond belief.  The way things have unfolded in my life and the way God has orchestrated things "just so" is just miraculous.  There's no other word for it.  Then we moved on to the topic of how His timing is not the same as ours (thank goodness, right?) I love the phrase..."God's never late but rarely early." Another thing Clay said this week which I just loved was that "sometimes we look to God when we feel our foundations are shaken, when sometimes its God who is shaking our foundations."
I look at the little details in my life and how 5 minutes with someone might make a difference in their life or how reading one more book, might mean we are a minute late for something but it might mean that the babies go to bed all the more certain of where our hearts are. 
Anyway, there's no real reason for this post other than the awe I feel when I think about how much we are loved and the grace we have all received.  Please keep Clay's mom in your prayers this week, she is one special lady and one very special Mimi.  Here are a few pictures of our "little details", I think about how we can sometimes focus on the wrong little details, but sometimes the little things are orchestrated just so we see something in a different way, or we are kind of "forced' to stop and enjoy a cupcake (even if it is carrot cake).
The picture we finally ended up with after several attempts for the twochics site! Tink just woke up and was not happy about the photo shoot-as we say "if tink's not happy no one is..."

Failed attempt...momma is singing about the spider again, and we all look crazy! Fortunately most of those frames are no longer in our living room...YAY!

Just having a snack in the sunshine...of course we can't enjoy the same kind of snack, bunnies for murphy and scooby snacks for tink.

dancing with skipper WITH a juke box, really does it get any better???

NEW SHOES for everyone!  And boy did those little paws look precious walking around in them!

Gigis...I know they look right at home don't they?  Can this count as a serving of carrots?

We are Big my baby can read fans...here is our plug that it works...she "reads" the menu and even orders for herself (it is right side up right?) he he he...such a big girl.
By the way, we are on our way to having to seek help for our addiction to Gigi's, I threw away an empty box the other night, and both children screamed and cried such that Clay suggested we might not make Gigi's one of the little details of our day quite so often...we'll see, I'm not making any promises.

1 comment:

Laura Lee said...

Great post and so true! I love the picture of you and the kids with the frames-ADORABLE! We should get together soon!