Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Silver Lining...

So, yes it is obvious in certain situations even though I know better,  I panic.  Both of my kiddos have the flu and as of last night Madden's has turned into pneumonia. We are supposed to "watch them like hawks" as Madden is asthmatic and well its just not fun with 2 little ones.
The thing about this is the coughing,wheezing, constantly wanting to go night night, all topped of with a HUGE dose of fever, and as anyone who knows me knows, I. don't. do. fever.
104+ = panic...and we are on day three of this madness.
So, last night Clay had to sleep with Madden and I chose the little vampire I birthed, Joy Buckets.  We both emerged from our designated rooms this morning, more tired than when we parted ways last night....gave each other the morning report, glad we were all still in tact and started racing around to get ready for our 200th doctors visit...(as an aside here I have to let you know that I have not had the shot and neither has my mother).  My mom has fearlessly spent 2 solid days in the doctor's office and loved on both the patients regardless of the walking petri dish we have become.
So, anyway back to this morning...as we were walking around in our fog that has become the norm-Clay says," you know, what the silver lining is in all of this", I stood there and didn't even answer waiting for the punch line (oh, I forgot to add that Murph decided to throw up all over me last night)...so anyway still waiting for the joke.
Clay looks at me and says, "Madden doesn't seem to notice she's been "sucker" (her pacifier that she has had for 2 1/2 years) free for 3 days and I think that will be the end of it."
  At first I thought, are you kidding me?  Then I thought to myself, good grief does this guy ever stop?  What in the world makes his brain function like this (and at this time of day-it must be deliriousness set in)... but then I realized he was so right-he totally gets the idea of "giving thanks in all things"  he understands Eucharisto!  I am just going to sit back and try to take lessons...I remember when we spent a week in Le Bohneur in February and he again said, you know "what the silver lining is in all of this, we didn't have to think about what to do for dinner and we got to spend a whole week together."  ( I agree on the sucker issue, but this might be pushing it, at least a little bit.)
But I will say that other than being worried about my two little ones, and a bit sad about all the fun thanksgiving feasts and celebrations they are missing, I am beyond thankful that I am sitting here with one beside me and one in the next chair, watching the lion king and trying to convince them to get up enough nerve to have some fruit punch.  I will be even more thankful if no one throws up fruit punch on me later :)
Colossians 3:15
"And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts... And always be thankful."

Do you think she's excited about her princes party?

Seriously?  I get to wear this in the car???

Joy buckets at the circus....

I think I fit in just fine here, momma.

A little hesitant about the horse, but she finally came around, she comes by it honestly.



So, Pop what do you think? 


Touchdown, TIIIIIgers (thats one very long i)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's easier to find the silver lining when I am off to work and you are the one at home, locked in, 24 hours a day. If we switched shoes, I'm not so sure how silver that lining would be. Thanks for being such a good Mama and keeping everything afloat - all the while continuing to paint, sand and construct frames for people's Christmas. Good thing you're not tired and have endless energy. I love you. Proverbs 31:10. - Clay

Laura Lee said...

All of this just made me smile. Sweet Clay! Praying for y'all tonight!!