Monday, August 26, 2013

and then there were none...

yep, none.  Everyone is back in school and I am spending most of my days with no babies.  This is so foreign to me.  The first day they were both in school I came home went for a run re showered and it was time to go get tink, so far so good.   The next day, no run, laundry , dinner, errand or two...not time to get anyone yet, hmmmm this is not looking good.  Ok so I will work work work and fortunately there is a huge laundry list of things I need to do that require undivided attention or a babysitter.  With that said its time for CLES, Real estate CES (all of these great licenses I have had but had no use for in the past 4 or 5 years.  Well its time to dust them off and get to work.

The strange thing is that of all years, when both babies are gone more than ever....I am room mom for no one.  What?  But I am the room mom...nope not this year.  I was Maddens last year so I cant be it this year...and Murphy's class already had one as well.  What, ouch??????????  Oh there is still the PTA and tons of volunteer opportunities and requirements but nothing that has to do with the babies and their precious friends.  I am not sure I like this.  After all who will be controlling enough to document everything and produce the class DVD?!
Its becoming really clear to me that God is stripping things from me and my life.  But why?  I re read a recent journal entry the other day, and there are so many times where I just write WHY this or why that?  What to now?
Why is he taking things that usually keep me so busy they can be defining?  My guess is Hes up to something.  He's rocking my foundations in every aspect of my life.  I think its time for me to learn something new... what that is, stay tuned.   But if you see me wondering around or breathing work its because I am struggling to figure out who I am without my littles from 8-2:30 and 8-12 on M and F.  Oh and if you see me doing the happy dance on M W or F thats because my littles are out of school early!  I know I know....but I am still learning here.  It feels like the ground has cracked beneath me and I am not very sure-footed right now... it feels like walking around one of my dads sites blind folded, there are nails and boards and dirt and holes and I have to just keep walking.  A bit daunting but there is something in this walk for sure.

Oh and if you dont know me...my mom just reminded me this week I'm really not good with change.
"By faith Abraham obeyed when he was called to go out to a place that he was to receive as an inheritance. And he went out, not knowing where he was going." Hebrews 11:8


My boy after 6 hours of swimming no lie...no breaks!

Yep, thats right.

My girl's first day in JK









Mrs. Burt!  Hooray!




Big happy change...but I do love this old girl



An escape to Muscle SHOWLS (ask Tinky where she went, it might be more southern than the people actually from there) well maybe.

1 comment:

Telecia said...

Your kids are getting older. At least you do not have a high schooler like me :-) Enjoy it