Wednesday, August 7, 2013

icky


Where have I been....hmmm good question.  Seems like I have been in the middle of ickiness lately.  You know those times in life when it seems like everywhere you turn there's a mess or something sad happening?  Our sweet Bo Bo and Bridget left this morning to move to Australia, yep you read that right AUSTRALIA... and that makes us sad.
We realized we didn't really put a dent in the bucket list and that was disappointing.  It just seems like summer has come and gone and now what?
I was at a funeral this week and the minister spoke about how no matter what we can always have joy... a joy not from this world...which brings me to the dollar tree.
About a week ago mom and I decided we would take the babies to the dollar tree and let them "shop" for a bit.  My mom and I were chatting away while the kids were knee deep with choices all over the floor...gross, I know. Anyway, this precious woman comes around the corner with her arms full of shoe polish.  She explained she was a teacher and buying supplies for her class.  She said she knew Madden and Murphy because a friend of a friend of a friend had sent her our blog years ago.  She went on to say that she had watched them grow up so much and that we look "exactly like our pictures"... so funny!  She was so sweet about the babies and by the time we left they each had a knew treasure and a new friend.
All this to say...maybe its not the big bad sad events that should have my focus and energy when I all I have to do is look down and see my two littles in a pile of toys with smiles from ear to ear.
That precious lady made me stop for just a minute and look at those little faces. I am beyond blessed to have them.  So this summer the bucket list didnt quite get finished...but summer's not officially over and there's always next year, right?

As an aside Mrs. Margie from the dollar tree was in Costco today with my mom...hmmm God's fingerprints and little reminders in the midst of the icky :)


Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

My boy on his first day





My man's cubby




The Redbirds


My other boy turned 7!

And I turned...well anyway...

Madden's wearing Emily's flower girl dress for Sarah's wedding!


Cheer camp...!!




Not sure who is more frightening

Glam


Sweet friends


Oh and in other news Madden is now pippi longstockings, EVERYDAY.


Goodbye to Bo Bo and Bridget ughhh.

Seriously?




1 comment:

Gigi said...

Loved meeting them in person. Your blog is an encouragement to me and I cannot wait to see what God has in store for your littles in years to come. <3