Thursday, September 4, 2014

Jesus pushed Murphy in the water...


Yep you read it right.  It's tough being Murphy sometimes.  
EVERYONE has pushed poor Murphy in the water this Summer.  Just this morning Clay told Murphy he had to wear his gym clothes today instead of his regular school polo....pitter pats all the way down the hall...
M:  "momma I need you" (in between sobs)
ME:  "what happened buddy?"
M:  " Daddy is soooo mean to ME."
ME:  (laughing to myself because I know what has happened) "oh no Murph, what happened?"
M:  "Daddy pushed me in the water."
Then he makes a quick exit and is ready for breakfast, with Daddy no less.
So this started after the first couple of times we went swimming this year.  I think we made such a big deal about "NO pushing around the water."  That it has become the end all of bad behaviors...even if the person has never been in any water with murphy ever.  Sweet buddy Mark has pushed him, Skipper has pushed him, CC too!

So Where does Jesus come into this saga, you ask?  
Tinky came home from school in quite a funk. 
ME:  "whats wrong bear?"
M:  "nothing"
ME:  ok same questions different technique..." what was your favorite thing you did today?"
M; "nothing"
ME:  HMMMM well what made you laugh, made you happy made you sad,etc, who do you want to move to mars?
M: nothing. no one.
ME:  maybe you should go regroup in your room for a minute until you feel like talking?
ME:  (bad decision -better...Ill go with you...I will get to the bottom of this.)
M:  SO and SO was so mean to me today.  I wanted to cry and stay in the bathroom until you came to get me.
ME:  ....under my breath what is wrong with this kid....ugh! 
" well Tinky did you tell her you would like to be her friend but she needs to act like a friend first? " 
M: "No but I did tell her she should say sorry when she was mean on the playground.  And she said she wouldn't."
ME:  what on earth..."well you should tell her that it makes Jesus sad when we are ugly to each other"
M: "Ok Ill try that tomorrow " (great this is a daily thing)
ENTER A little voice from outside the door (and eavesdropper named Murphy)
 
"Madden, Jesus pushed me in the water!!!"

WOW.  Poor Murphles....it can't get much worse than that. 
Feel free to pray for us anytime anywhere.

No comments: