Friday, January 11, 2013

What this is all about.

It seems like this blog has taken so many turns, we have gone in so many directions and down different paths, sometimes with the brakes on the whole way.
I realize these words and these pictures- they are mostly for me and maybe some of our family, but as a friend says, "its kind of a way to work things out, almost therapeutic."  She's right. This is a place to not only share pictures and stories about our family but really it's about our journey, where He is taking us.  I am grateful for this venue-for the way it has helped me gain perspective, for the way it has twisted and turned and changed in so many ways just as we ourselves have.  I feel fortunate to be able to come here  and take a quick look back over this time.  Its amazing to see where we have been, and how He has loved us every second, every step and every turn we take.
We are blessed.  There's no denying it.  Everywhere I turn I am able to see so much good.  Anything good we have not done ourselves.  All just blessings from a loving God to an undeserving recipient. I see so many people struggling with things that seem insurmountable and I think- what is their manna must be like in comparison to mine?  I know He gives us what we need to go on, to move forward, to grow.
Sometimes it looks like things are all in place (well not physically in our house) but in our lives.  It looks like all the pieces are there so everything must fit- Viola, hello perfect happy picture.
It's not like that.  We are misfits.  We are human, selfish, greedy, prideful beings BUT we have hope.  Thank God we have hope. The pieces dont fit, we may think they do but they dont. Most of the time right when I think things fit- thats when I get my grasp back on reality...perspective.  This is a journey, notice no one ever says, "life is a vacation."  It's not.  Most of us are in the trenches...sometimes too busy to stop and hold a precious hand or face, or even long enough to have conversation.  Things always seem to happen when I start to take those things for granted.  God gives the gift of perspective and once again I take a deep breath and say, we are blessed.

I am trying to be prayerful about time.  I have not been one to have poor time management or struggle with procrastinating etc...(believe me although these are not my weakest points there are still issues), however, I am struggling with altering my viewpoint of time management.  
It's time to laugh more, to hug more, to hold hands more to watch Pippi Longstockings more, to sit down and snuggle longer, to talk longer, to put the phone down, to make the minutes seem to last longer...
We are not promised our next breath or the next minute.  While we were created with eternity on our hearts...I am praying that one day I will feel like I spent my time "well."

“Life is precious – Nothing is forever”    Dave Bennett




No comments: