Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Don't Look Back...

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27


Well, it has been a very big week around here, another world wind that has turned out to be an answered prayer and taken some time to process but here we are...once again thankful and learning more and more about faith versus our own understanding.

Someone told me a few weeks ago when she was talking about her now teenager- that she felt like God prepares you for each stage of your childrens lives so that when you get there you are ready for it.
I remember thinking I would not be able to leave Murphy at school, God gave us the perfect place for him and such peace when we saw him thrive. Well, if you had asked me a few months ago about Madden starting school I would have told you that she really wanted to go but we were going to have to wait for Fall because that's when her class started.
Now for God's answer... a spot in Murphy's class opened up just before the holidays...so we started to pray and pray and pray about what to do. In typical fashion I wanted to hold Madden all day on Tuesdays and Thursdays and have girl time, but I knew in my heart that's not what Madden "needed". She loves school, not so much babysitters, but school is her thing, she wants to read and do projects and learn every chance she gets. So it became clear that both of my babies would be at school on Tuesdays and Thursdays...
SIGH...
Her first day was last week, and just as she was gearing up for the major fit she throws as we leave Murphy and head off for the day...Miss Ella took off her coat and hung it in her very own cubby. That was the last time she let our eyes meet. Madden would not look at me again...
It was as if she thought if I didnt see her I wouldnt remember to take her with me. She could just kind of slide into class for the day with her super powerful camouflage and I wouldnt know the difference. As I left the parking lot I wasn't sad, I was kind of laughing as I told my mom how the morning had unfolded...but nonetheless there was such peace. I was so happy that Madden was where she wanted to be...she was with the most special teachers we know and she was loving every single minute of it. It was something she wanted so badly and she was so confident in herself and in what the day had in store....She Never Looked Back....
When I picked her up she was so proud of her artwork and her lunchbox that I couldnt help but be elated inside...as for those worries and anxiety over this big day...I can honestly say it's now behind me and I won't be looking back. Now its on to the next big day...I am so thankful that He's getting me ready even as I type this.









2 comments:

betsy said...

Oh, what precious pictures!! Can't wait to see them in person again.

Allison Stevens said...

Love the post. What inspirational words! Give the two angels a big hug from their fam in South Carolina.