Monday, May 2, 2011

Coincidence...

Not if you ask me.  Madden will turn 2 on Mother's day.  Last year her birthday/party was the day before Mother's day and the year before...well we were bringing home our new little blessing bundle on, you guessed it Mother's day.  Perhaps she will always be my mother's day baby.  She is a reminder of what a gift it is to be a mom. 
It's not at all surprising to me how much we are alike either.  She is strong-willed.  She knows what she wants and she is working on her patience.  She is also working on teaching me patience.  She is teaching me what it means to sit back, take it all in and then just explode with energy for what she has just learned.  My sweet friend and I were talking about our youngest little ones yesterday, she was saying how even when they tell us "no" its hard to find them anything but irresistable.  She is teaching me everyday what it means to love others well and fearlessly.  She is a light in so many ways and to be honest with you I am wrapped around her tiny little finger...and she knows it.  Tink will be 2 in a week...what a wonderful 2 years its been, I love her for everything that she already is and everything I know she is growing up to be. 
This weekend was their combined birthday party, we celebrated with a party with the guest of honor, Mr. Joe.  Here are some pictures from the weekend. The weather almost threw us for a loop but held off just long enough to enjoy our outdoor concert and the very meaning of joy...


"This is the day the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
mimi and pop came in town and brought a tractor!

all the treats came inside LAST minute because it looked like rain :(



birthday hats, cupcakes and wishes oh my!

Mr. Joes stage



getting comfy for the show



the girl loves shades...

i so hope that cupcake's for me...

sweet friends

aunt BB she spoiled us rotten














waiting for his friends


joy buckets

our precious teacher Mrs Michele

2 candles...my angel baby is growing up

and it's even pink on the inside!


1 comment:

Kim Sue said...

They are all fabulous, but LOVE the one of M looking out the window!